Sunday, February 15, 2009

A 16 mile run and very cold hands.

It’s 22 degrees outside and sunny, A.K.A a beautiful day for running. I put on my running tights, under armor, filled up my fuel belt with Gatorade and water, 2 vanilla power gels, 2 pairs of gloves, 2 pairs of socks, shoes and headed out the door for Busse Woods.

 t wasn’t as warm as last Sunday when I ran 14 miles, but the path was clear for a good jog. I lost my running watch again some were at my house so I had to estimate my 5 minute run: 1 minute walk ratio. It was a good run. I felt real good throughout the run. I did the whole 7.7 mile course once in each direction. I did one of the small spurs to make up the .6th of a mile.

 Towards the end my hands were freezing. I was wearing my Asics gloves and then my Sluggo wind blockers but in the end my hands were numb. My hands were so numb I could not turn the key to get into my car for several minutes.  

 Only a few more weeks to the IL Marathon. 18 miles next week!

0 comments: