Sunday, July 19, 2009

Harbor Lights Triathlon Results

So today I raced in the Harbor Lights Sprint Triathlon. Here are my results:

  • Overall place: 135 out of 810 (Top 17%)
  • Division place: 20 out of 82 (Top 25%)
  • Gender place: 114 out of 516 (Top 25%)
  • Time: 1:22:54 ( I was shooting for anything under 1:30)
  • Swim: 9:40
  • Trans 1: 3:21
  • Bike: 36:21
  • Trans 2: 1:17
  • Run: 32:17

The race was well run and the weather was cool. For some reason the race cheeped out on finisher medals. I expect a medal after paying a $75 race entry. That is my only complaint. Otherwise it was a good race.

My thoughts on my results:

The water was cold. The starting temp was 59 degrees Fahrenheit. Plus this was my first open water training of the year. I really tired focusing on my form. At the end my goggles filled up with water. Could I of done better? I don’t know.

On the bike I felt I was flying. Only problem, I lost my two new water bottles after the turn onto the highway. If the day was hot I would have had a bad ride. But the weather was cool. Maybe next year I’ll think about getting race tires and aero bars.

The run went well. I ran in intervals. 1 Mile run and a 60 second power walk. I thought I was running a 9 minutes/mile pace I was running a little over 8 minutes/mile. I was impressed with myself.

0 comments: