Friday, August 28, 2009

Race Day Weekend for the Chicago Triathlon Triple Challenge. Wish Me Luck!

It's less than 24 hours until I race in the Chicago Triathlon Super Sprint and less the 48 hours until the sprint and international triathlon races.

I just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone that donated to my fundraiser for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The money is being used to help fund ways to cure blood cancer & support families being affected.

Everyone that donated was able to vote on the color for my hair on race day.

The winner was…

Green with a Purple Mohawk. Watch the YouTube Video to watch the process. I’ll reply back on Tuesday with the breakdown of the votes.

Like any big race I’m a little nervous but very excited too. I had the whole week off from work so I’m rested and ready to go!

When I go to the expo this afternoon I’m on a mission to pick up Yankz shoe laces for my second pair of running shoes, 10 strawberry Gus & a Hydraform Handheld water bottle from Aphipod. I want to make sure I have two of everything so I don’t have to go back to transition after I finish the sprint race on Sunday. I’m going to have the people at the Team in Training Tent hold my second wet suit, goggles and a peanut butter & jelly sandwich to refuel on.

Tonight I’m going to find a nice place to have dinner. I’m in the mood for Chinese. Tomorrow night I’ll go to the Team in Training Pasta Party at the Hilton. I love cheering on the participants as they walk down the red carpet. On Saturday, I’ll be making a guest video blog on my friend’s, Mara, food blog at www.imadedinner.com.

You can watch the Triathlon online this Sunday at Slowtwich.com

I’ll be making Twitter updates as much as I can to chronicle the journey this weekend. When I get to the expo I’ll tell everyone my bib numbers. According to all the official email I’ve been receiving I’ll have three bib numbers.

Wish me Luck, Rock on My Friends & GO TEAM!

0 comments: