Friday, August 26, 2011

It's been a slow summer

Since the end of the Madison Marathon, I've been in a training rut. I've had foot issues, bike issues, personal issues, obligations, and work issues that kept me from training for anything this summer. I know if something is really important you make the time. This summer I did not have enough time. When I look back at last summer I think, "Wow how the hell did I survive training for Steelhead 70.3 and working 12 hours a day?"
Things are starting to look better. I got new pedals (Shimano Ultegra PD 6700), all the personal stuff is out of the way, my feet are feeling better & summer is over. Only question now is what do I train for?
I want to a bike event, since I now have my bike back. On top of that, I want to train to race walk a marathon, but I don't know which one. Any suggestions friends? I'm thinking about Apple Cider century or Northshore Century? Anyone doing those? I wonder if Rock and Roll Las Vegas is still open? I would love to take my girlfriend there for a few days. Of course all the fun stuff would be after the marathon.

0 comments: