Sunday, January 25, 2009

Last Vision Quest Coaching Session For Now... Time for the marathon!

Yesterday I participated in my last Vision Quest Coaching session for the winter. In December my threshold wattage was gauged at 263 watts. Yesterday I  was gaged at 277 watts. I'm very proud of myself that I improved. I want to do Vision Quest again when I start training for my triathlons this summer. Hopefully I'll be able to do El Tour de Tucson again this year and finish under 6 hours. I'll be shooting for under 5 hours but if I'm under 6 hours I would be happy.




If you don't know already I'm running the Illinois Marathon on April 11. Last week I had a 10 mile run. It was so cold outside I ran at the Indoor Bally's track in Morton Grove.  A lap is a sixth of a mile at Bally's in Morton Grove. Yep that means I ran around the track 60 times! Thank goodness I had my iPod to keep me sain.

I took training easy this week in prep for my VQ test. Today I'm going to hit the tread mill for a nice easy run this do some speed work out this week. I'll go out for a 10 to 12 mile run next Saturday. 

0 comments: