Sunday, January 4, 2009

My schedule for the Illinois Marathon 2009

I went to Runner's World Magazine's website and used their Smart Coach application to create a running plan for the upcoming 2009 Illinois Marathon. 


I gave the Smart Coach application the following parameters:

Your current race time is: 4:00:00 for a Marathon
Your distance training goal is: Marathon
You currently train: 
16-20 miles/week
How hard you want to train: 
Hard
Your long-run day: 
Saturday
Your training program Starts: 
Monday, 12/29/2008 and Ends: Sunday, 4/12/2009
Length of your training schedule: 
15 weeks

Here is a link to my Illinois Marathon running schedule. Something that is different that I'm not used to...It has me doing two 20 mile runs. I might have to modify it alittle when the time comes. It looks like I'll be do alot more runs along the lake front this season. I hope it stays warm. 

Again my goal is to beat my 2006 Chicago Marathon Time. I want to get under 4 hours. 

0 comments: