Sunday, May 31, 2009

I could of used S.A.G. Today

Today I was going to ride on my bike for 50 minutes then go on a 15 minutes run as part of my training for the Chicago Triathlon Triple Challenge.  I took  my usual route from my house in Buffalo Grove towards Deer Park and Long Grove. Well, at 7.8 miles into it my tire blew.  Which is fine...or so I thought.

My spare tire had the wrong type of valve. I was able to change the tube. When I tried using my compressed air to fill the tube I broke the valve on the tire.  
I realized I forgot my cell phone. So I couldn't call any one.
So I put my bike on my shoulder and started walking home. I saw a Dicks Sporting Goods on Rand Road in Deer Park. They had bike tire tubes!!!! I thought I was saved. But  I only had $5 on me. The tubes were $6.99 a piece. So I continued to walk home. 
My total experience was 2 hours and 25 minutes long
So what did I learn?
  • I'm a dumbass for not picking up the right tire tube
  • Always bring a cell phone 
  • Pack more air canisters or carry a hand pump
  • Carry more then $5 on a bike ride
You want to ask me, "Bobby, you  had $5 why not go use a pay phone and call a friend or your parents to pick you up?"
Answer: I am very stubborn and have too much pride. Plus It was a nice day so I didn't want to bother any body. I probobly wouldn't of called any one even if I had my cell phone.
Chaulk this story to one of those training stories to tell people what not to do. 

0 comments: