Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Tri Training Update

I wanted to write a quick update on my training for the Chicago Triathlong Triple Challge and fundrasing efforts for the Leukeima and Lymphoma Society. 

So far I have raised $579 for the The Leukeima and Lymphoma Society!

People who donate get to vote on the color of my hair on race day. After you donate I will send you a link to vote. Not everyone has voted so far. Right now it looks like I will have purple hair. Make a donation at http://pages.teamintraining.org/il/chitri09/rdobroski and get your vote in.

Remember I'm also selling performace dry wicking shirts that say "Your Pace or Mine" for $30. They come in Men loose fit blue or ladies fit pink. The deadline to Order is June 1st. Download a form for the shirts here.

As for training it's going really good. I just did my first Team In Training Tri Team Swim last night in Highland Park. Wednesdays will be my rest day. Tommrow I'm going on a 45 minute bike ride. The short bike rides are killing me. After training for El Tour de Tucson any thing under 20 miles, or one hour, is too short. 

My running is going really well. Since I got a garmin watch it's been telling me I've be running at a 8:00 to 8:30 pace. Some day I hope I can keep that pace up for longer distances and for race day but well see. 

0 comments: