Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Half Marathon Turkey Trot This Saturday Goble Goble

This Saturday I'm running the Schaumburg Half Marathon Turkey Trot. It should be allot of fun. It's at Busse Woods so the course should hold no surprises unless an elk attacks us, but I doubt that. I'm hoping for warm dry weather. I just picked up my race packet from Dick Pond Athletics. All you get is a bib and a cotton shirt. I've been spoiled by my last few racers with Tech wicking ware shirts. But for $55 I get a race photo and medal too. I think $55 is a good price for all that.

I've been nursing a leg injury so I'm not going all out on this one. I'm hoping to run in a big sea of purple and green Team in Training friends. After all Busse is the North's Team training ground.

Afterwards I'm going to breakfast at the Rose Garden Cafe. Please call my cell phone or send me a message one way or another if you want in. Assuming the race starts on time at 8:20 I think I'll be at the table around 10am to 10:30 am. I'm parking at Rose Garden and Walking to the start. The start of the race is near the 3 mile marker.
Hope to see you there... ROCK ON MY FRIENDS \m/

0 comments: