Sunday, April 11, 2010

Goals for 2010 Illinois Half Marathon

For my upcoming race, the Cristie Clinic Illinois Half Marathonin May I have high hopes. After I finished Rock N Roll Mardi Gras in February a part of me felt disappointed. I had fun, the proof is on my friends Facebook profiles. A part of me wanted to hit close to my PR. So the voice in my head told me to do a half marathon before I give into to my Steelhead Half IronMan training. This is the competitive side of me. The nut job part of me that says to go longer.  The same voice in my head that is telling me to do Ironman Madison in 2011.


I've been training hard. On my long runs I've been hitting 8:00 to 8:30 minute per miles paces. I've been training with 1 mile to 30 second intervals. I expect to finish between 1:44 and 1:50 May 1st. This race no beads, no head phones, no wig. It's going to me, my Team in Training Jersey, shorts, shoes, socks, sun glasses, Power Bar Gel, Garmin Watch, and hand held water bottle.  I just don't want another long distance event under my belt. I want one that says I gave it my all and pushed my self to my limits.

0 comments: