Only 6 days to go before my first half Ironman.
Only six days left until race day!! This is what I know about race day:
- Out of 18 waves, I'm in wave 17. I start swimming at 8:42 AM. (7:42 CST). The first wave is the Pro Men and they start at 7:00 AM (6 AM CST). Last year I was the first wave. I wonder what I'll do to kill time before the start of my race?
- I'll be wearing a white swim camp according to the Steelhead website. For the past several tri's I'm always in a white cap.
- I'm bib # 1974
- You can follow my progress live at http://ironman.com/
- I'm picking up my race packet this Wednesday Afternoon at Running Away Multi Sport in Chicago before I go to a half mile swim at Ohio Street Beach
- I need to clean my bike.
- I need more Power Bar Harverst Bars for race day.
- I need to buy some pretzel peanut butter snacks for race day
- At the Expo I want to buy:
- A Bento Box
- Steelhead Tri Jersey
- Steelhead Hat or Visor
- Red Sunglasses
- I'll talk about this stuff later.