Sunday, July 25, 2010

6 days to go before Steelhead 70.3 Half Ironman Things To Do

Only 6 days to go before my first half Ironman.
Only six days left until race day!! This is what I know about race day:

  • Out of 18 waves, I'm in wave 17. I start swimming at 8:42 AM. (7:42 CST). The first wave is the Pro Men and they start at 7:00 AM (6 AM CST). Last year I was the first wave. I wonder what I'll do to kill time before the start of my race? 
  • I'll be wearing a white swim camp according to the Steelhead website. For the past several tri's I'm always in a white cap. 
  • I'm bib # 1974
  • You can follow my progress live at http://ironman.com/
  • I'm picking up my race packet this Wednesday Afternoon at Running Away Multi Sport in Chicago before I go to a half mile swim at Ohio Street Beach
  • I need to clean my bike.
  • I need more Power Bar Harverst Bars for race day. 
  • I need to buy some pretzel peanut butter snacks for race day
  • At the Expo I want to buy:
    • A Bento Box
    • Steelhead Tri Jersey
    • Steelhead Hat or Visor
    • Red Sunglasses
    • I'll talk about this stuff later. 
Thats all I can think of for the time being. Any one want a water bottle?

0 comments: