Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Who I'm Running With This Weekend

Even though all my friends and teammates from Team in Training won’t be with me this weekend when I run the Illinois Marathon they will be with me in spirit.

These two photos will be pinned to the back of my Team in Training Jersey this upcoming Saturday

My Teammates from Team in Training.

All the people who I ran, swam, and cycled with.
The people who trained me and the people who I now help train. 
You give me the super human energy & excitment I have every Saturday morning.

My Inspirations

  • My Dad – A cancer survivor who worked a full time job while FIGHTING CANCER, so I can stay in college. He is the first person I call when I finsih my races. 
  • Firiza, Ryan, and Robbie – Cancer Survivors who each have completed a marathon.
  • Eddie, Keegan, Katie, Paige, Fabian, Emily & Katie – Children who left their families to soon and lost their life to a blood cancer.

According to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Website:

  • Leukemia causes more deaths than any other cancer among children and young adults under the age of 20.
  • Every 10 minutes, another child or adult is expected to die from leukemia, lymphoma or myeloma. (145 people each day, or six people every hour.)
  • An estimated 138,530 people in the United States was diagnosed with leukemia, lymphoma or myeloma in 2008.

Please make a donation to my fundraising page for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Your dollars will go to life saving research that will create new life saving drugs and programs that will help improve the quality of life for cancer victims.  

As Kegan Grant said durring his cancer treatment, "You can be happy or miserable either way the distance is the same." You dam well know, I'll keep a smile on my face every mile durring any race if a little boy facing death and going through hell can keep a smile on. 

0 comments: