Saturday, February 27, 2010

My Game Plan Rock n Roll Mardi Gras Marathon

Happy 29th Birthday to me. In less then 12 hours I'm running in the Rock N' Roll Mardi Gras Marathon. This will be my seventh marathon. For this marathon:

  • I'm not running with my iPod. I want to hear all sounds and music.
  • I'm going to do my darnedest to do a negative split. Start slow then work my way up. I'm going to start some where between a 9:30 a minute per mile to 10:00 minute per mile pace and pick it up. I usually get carried away in the excitement and start too fast. 
  • I'm going to stick with my 5 minute run to 1 minute walk interval. Nothing new race day.Well...
  • I'm going to run with beads and a jester hat. For a while at least. If the beads don't bother me, as well as the hat, I run the entire way. 
  • Cytomax, the official sport drink of the race, doesn't sit well in my stomach. All four of my fuelbelt bottles will be filled with Gatorade. I'm going to rely on water at the water stops when I need it. 
  • I'll have my Gus ever 5 miles. Which pans out to every 45 to 50 minutes. 
  • Most importantly keep a smile on my face all 26.2 miles. Remember that happiness is a choice. You can be happy or miserable either way the distance is the same. 
ROCK ON \m/

0 comments: