Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Letter to Team in Traing Cycle Alumni of the 2008 Tour de Tucson

I just rode the Tour de Tucson. It was an amazing experience. As soon as I got home rather then right down my experience first I wanted to write to my fellow cyclists at Team and Training. Here is that letter.

Dear Team and Training Cyclists,

 It’s Bobby here, the happy go lucky, out of control, spirit you all rode with for the past 3 and half months. I wanted to take a moment and say thank you.

First to all the Coaches for giving me the tools to help me finish a 109 mile bike ride.

Paula: For being my first Spin teacher and convincing me to do a cycle event.
Steve: For teaching me how to use my gears and get up hills with ease.
Al: Riding with my pace line for the first 40 miles at Tour de Tucson.
Julie Ann: For teaching me how to reach for my water bottle while riding my bike.
Angus: For being hard headed and getting the ball rolling for me to be a Assistant Cycle Coach.
Dan: For being a positive inspiration and showing everyone that every day is a beautiful day.

Second, to the people in my Pace line through out trainings and Tour de Tucson who had to deal with my bad jokes for hours on end.

Susan: For making it okay to be myself and encouraging my zest for life.
Hedi: For keeping me in line when I strayed too far.
Brain: For staying positive even though it was tough at times
Gale: For reminding me how freighting and exciting doing your first endurance event can be.

Third to all the members of Team that helped me reach my fundraising goal:

Gary and Bonnie: For teaching me how to gamble and win money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society at the same time
Mark and Rose: For helping me at Jewel that one Sunday. If it weren’t for you two it would have been a beautiful day but a very lonely and non profitable one.
John V: For keeping and eye on my fundraising.
Clint and Marianne: For the two people who have been with me since I first started TEAM back and 2006 on the Chicago Marathon Team and supporting me the entire way. 

Fourth the happiest TEAM staff member I have ever met.

Tracy: For dealing with all my crap, jumping over hills to make me feel special event weekend and always having a smile.

Finally but not least, everyone that rode the Tour de Tucson and fundraised for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. It is people like you that make it possible for people for, like my Dad, to survive cancer.

This is my 6th time with Team in Training. Every experience is special and has a place in my heart. This experience made me feel I was in a Team because we all supported each other the entire way. I’ve never felt more part of TEAM then I have this season. Some of you told me how I inspired you with my energy, well, it goes right back. It’s AMAIZING PARTICPANTS like YOU who give me that super human energy. It’s the reason I show up to every practice and keep Team in Training part of my life. 

Thank you again, I love you all, and most importantly...

 GO TEAM

Bobby Dobroski

“You can be happy or you can be miserable, either way the distance is the same.” – Keegan Grant. A Little Boy who lost his battle to Cancer

0 comments: